Outgoing Oregon Republican lawmaker Greg Walden has worn many hats in the House over his two decades serving in the House of Representatives. The top-ranking Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee spoke at length with Article One recently.
During the conversation, Walden discussed the recent wildfires that hit his massive Eastern Oregon district, how COVID-19 has impacted his congressional district, how to work effectively in the House and actually have bills signed into law.
Walden also talks about working across partylines, how President Donald Trump has impacted Capitol Hill and how the administration has dealt with the coronavirus pandemic.
As the top-ranking GOP lawmaker on the Energy and Commerce Committee, Walden has had unique experience overseeing the administration's handling of COVID-19.
And ... Walden shares his favorite parliamentary tools ...
- Cosponsored bills that became law — Per Congress.gov 143 bills that Walden co-sponsored have become law
- Walden sponsored bills that became law
- Walden sponsored bills that passed the House
- Walden co-sponsored bills that passed one chamber - 561
- Walden co-sponsored bills introduced in house - 1838
- Co-sponsored bills that failed - 10 ...